The Blind Men and the Elephant
So what does the ISSR mean by Sustainability?
What does the ISSR mean by Solutions?
Smart Ticketing Solutions for South West Sustainable Transport – delivered through ISSR
- Smart ticketing on all 3500 Buses in SW England;
- Europe’s 1st regional open access pay-per-use Card Management System;
- England’s 1st Regional E-Money Stored Value Transport Ticketing Platform
- A Regional Fund to Assist the Smartcard Migration of Community Transport and Community Rail Partnership Schemes
ISSR – building on Plymouth University Excellence
Did you know?
- The University has Rainwater harvesting in Roland Levinski building and Nancy Aster
- Passive Ventilation and Night-time Cooling in Portland Square
- Over the next 12 months new voltage optimisers are being installed
- Plymouth University has a target to become carbon neutral by 2030
- A recent book on Sustainability Education, edited by Plymouth University staff, was noted by the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL) as one of the 'Top 40 books of 2010'
- The University’s approach to Sustainability through it’s tri-cameral structure won a “Green Gown Award” for Continuous Improvement- Institutional Change in 2011
- Since 2006, Plymouth University have been one of the top six performers in the People and Planet’s Green League and in 2010 came first out of 138 participating Higher Education Institutions.
- There are over 200 researchers at Plymouth University working on “Sustainability”